The Motivation Behind The Equipping Bible™
For we are Godís workmanship,
created in Christ Jesus to do good works,
which God prepared in advance for us to do.
~ Ephesians 2:10 NIV
God loves us and wants a relationship with us. He's even got work for each of us to do. And He has equipped
us to accomplish this work by giving us the Bible, the most valuable tool ever created.
Scripture contains everything we need in order to know God, do His will, and participate in the plans He has for us.
Nevertheless, many Christians feel ill-equipped to read and understand their Bibles.
They feel intimidated and overwhelmed so they avoid Bible study altogether.
Eventually their love life with God suffers and, apart from Him, they become unfruitful.
Sure, modern Bible translations have aided comprehension — when Christians actually read the Bible —
but could still use some help:
motivation, application, answers to objections, call to action, and directions for growth.
From these needs was born the Why? / How? / But... / Go! format of
The Equipping Bible™ Articles.
Let me be perfectly clear: The Bible is all we need to accomplish the work of God.
The features of The Equipping Bible™ are just there
to help encourage believers, provide useful tips and tools, and urge them to get started —
They're designed to draw Christians into Scripture, not detract from it.
Mission / Goals / Methods
- Inform Christians of the 'good works' God has equipped them to do (the Divisions).
- Encourage believers of their God-given responsibility, capability, and authority.
- Help equip believers with tips and tools.
- Urge action with practical plans and strategies.
- Foster growth with Recommend Resources.
- BUT ABOVE ALL — Draw believers into Scripture: to read it, understand it,
and apply it in their daily lives.